When insulin production is inadequate and fails to meet the body’s demand or when the body cells become resistant to insulin, glucose is left behind in blood, it accumulates and the levels rise, leading to diabetes. The previous is the case of Type1 diabetes and the second is the case of Type2 diabetes. Sedentary urban life style with less physical activity and processed and flavored food items at easy reach encourages diabetes. Heredity, stress, over-weight, over-eating, over- consumption of glucocorticoids, nutritional deficiencies, some other disease affecting pancreas and interfering with insulin secretion are other factors leading to diabetes.
1. Increased urination
2. Increased hunger
3. Increased thirst
4. Rapid weight loss
7. Poor concentration
8. Slow wound healing
9. Itching around genitals
10. Yellowish urine with a sweet, acidic odor
11. Blurred vision
Diabetes management tips and guidelines
Following are some effective tips and guidelines to manage diabetes and control blood sugar levels. With proper dietary planning and making some modifications in lifestyle, one can considerably manage diabetes.
1. Dietary planning – A diabetic should be cautious about the diet he or she is taking. An effective diet plan is to be chalked out keeping in mind the nutritional value of foods consumed. Simple sugars in sweets, candies and sodas increase glucose levels, refined, flavored and over-processed food also do the same. Thus such items are to be avoided. Saturated fat rich food items like meat and dairy product give a fillip to cholesterol.
Thus should be avoided. The patient must steer clear of white sugar, fried food, creamy sauces and gravies for the same reason.
2. It is advisable to include lots of fresh vegetables like spinach, lettuce, cabbage, turnips, carrots, customized fat loss review dandelions in diet. These vegetables may be served as salads. Intake of citrus fruits should be raised for they impede obesity. Fiber based food items like barley, black beans, kidney beans, oats, whole grains, nut megs and cereals are very essential, for they lower the intestinal absorption of glucose. The patient should eat meals at a fixed time and should never skip meals.
3. Adopting healthy habits – Patient should keep away from smoking and alcoholism, try to remain active throughout the day and get a sound sleep at night.
4. Adopting stress-relief methods – The patient should not keep the stress locked up within him or herself; rather should give an outlet to anxiety by talking it out with others. The patient should have a positive outlook towards life and practice meditation and deep breathing for stress relief.
Read about Diabetes Natural Treatment and its benefits. Know how Diabetes Supplement helps control slimming clubs nutrition health blood sugar levels naturally. Read information about Diet for Type 2 Diabetes.